Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Beginning


My daughter wrote this poem yesterday, and as usual, it is very good. Just thought I'd share the beauty that my daughter sees in nature.


The Beginning of Life

Author: Grace Barnett

July 8, 2008


As I look down the old forest trail
I think how things were a long time ago.
And I breathe in deep the fresh forest smell
I feel a cool breeze through my hair softly flow.

Before they were cut, the trees grew so tall
And the forest was lush and thick.
But now where they stood it is bare as a hall
I walk on feeling sad and somewhat sick.

I suddenly stop and stoop down to look
At a treasure lying on the ground.
Twas a small seed that a bird probably took
So small, so white, and so round.

Most would think it is just a small seed
But if you will just stop and see
It's the beginning of life- this small little bead
Will some day become a great tree.


0 comments: