Monday, September 7, 2009

Heartbreak

I feel my heart could literally crumble into a million pieces right now. It's now less than a month until Grace ships out for BCT & then AIT. Seven VERY LONG months without my life, my baby, my very best friend in the whole world - my daughter. I cry almost on a daily basis. Just thinking about it is most unbearable. Don't get me wrong, I am VERY proud of her for following her dreams. But this is the child I spent 8 long months anticipating the arrival of - enduring doctors pressuring me to have an abortion with them threatning death to me and mental & physical problems for Grace. This is the child I threw my whole heart and soul into loving, teaching, & raising to be the young lady she is now. This is the child that just doesn't have a piece of my heart, she has my WHOLE heart. What am I to do. I know it's just 7 months, but for 3 of those months I only get to talk with her for 15 minutes 1 time a week. This coming from two people who haven't gone not even one day without talking with each other. The next 4 months will be a little easier. I will get to see her on weekends when I can get to San Antonio - which will be often, and hopefully talk with her more often. But it still hurts. I'm her mother and she is still my life. One phase of our life (homeschooling & 1st 18 years) is complete but we have other phases yet to go. Oh, I love my baby girl so very much. She has grown into an individual that is truly one-of-a-kind. No one could ever even come close to her. And when it comes time for her to marry, there is going to be one very blessed young man in this world, because he is getting THE BEST God has to offer in a wife. But she will be getting the best God has to offer in a husband as well because we have been praying for him for 18 years. We don't have to know who he is, God knows. But it was and is our duty to pray for him that God will keep him pure, chaste, & holy until the day he says 'I Do' to our precious daughter. And when it is God's time for this young man to come into our daughter's life, we ALL will know he's the one - not just Grace. And we are positive that this young man & his family has been praying for Grace for years now, as well. Don't know why I'm writing this but I do fill better. Kinda!!
Mommas - keep those babies close and love them with all your heart. One day they'll be taking care of you, and you'll want that love returned :D

0 comments: