Sunday, December 6, 2009

My very brief stint as a military mom will soon be over with and none too soon.  That's one roll I will gladly relinquish.  This is NOT the life I want for my daughter, her friends, her family, her church family, and her pets.  We ALL need that beautiful girl, in some compacity, in our lives. We never know how much somone means to us, how much we love them, or how much we NEED them until they leave for awhile.  I want her back, not because I need her, but because she has my heart and I need it back in order to survive.  I've lived long enough off numbness, dark tunnels, cloudy mind, and teary eyes.  I need the love of my life back (sorry hubby - I love you too), but this is my ONLY child, my daughter, and my bestest friend in the world.  I CANNOT survive without her.  And once she gets back, she won't be going anywhere again for a LONG time - of this I have NO doubt.  Everyone's life that her absence has affected, can get back to normal.
We missed Thanksgiving together, but we got to talk for two hours and that helped ease the pain.  She missed the first snow, no biggy, I don't care for snow like she does.  She missed her dad killing his first deer in *** years.  BUT, when my precious daughter's birthday came, and went, and she wasn't home, that was tooo much.  I didn't get to talk with her either.  I didn't even send her a bd card because she was just SURE she would be home. So zip, zero, nada, nothing!!!  Grace I am so sorry!!!  I hope you find it in your heart to forgive me.  I did text you, leave you a voice message, tell you on fb, and send you an ecard.  Pa sang "Happy Birthday" to you.  I'm not sure who this was hardest on - you or me.  I guess we can exchange stories and feelings when you get home. 
I will see my precious daughter Grace very soon.
To anyone reading this - if you are considering a career in the military, PLEASE consider CAREFULLY!!!  It's not what you think!!!

0 comments: