Thursday, August 19, 2010

NGJ Videos

My daughter and I just got through watching video clips from segments of Debi Pearl's book called "Preparing to Be A Help Meet".  We have been long-time readers of No Greater Joy magazine and  I discovered, only last night, that they had videos on YouTube.  I was thrilled.  I thought  I'd check them out and was amazed to find some of the same things being talked about on video that Grace and I have been discussing for years.  The first thing that caught my eye was 'the list'......because Grace too, like the girl in the video, had made a 'list' when she was a girl.....about the kind of man she wanted to marry.

Then we watched clips of the different types of godly men (king, priest, & prophet) and what young ladies should do to prepare themselves for the possibility of marriage to one of these types of man.

The last clips we watched concerning 'preparing to be a help meet' was the one titled "How different is too different"?  That was enlightening as well.  Truly something to think about before entering into a marriage covenant.

Grace said the videos were 'eye-opening' and things that she had to meditate on.  As do I.

She now wants to get Debi Pearl's book and read and study it for herself.  I'm so glad my daughter wants to prepare herself for marriage in the most biblical way possible.  She wants to prepare herself for the man God has already chosen for her.  She wants to prepare herself to be HIS help meet.

She has already study Proverbs 31 and Titus 2.

She is going to make some godly man very happy indeed.

0 comments: