Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Sissy?

Got my calendar issue of NGJ magazine today.  As I was looking through the calendar pictures, I came across some thoughts (from Mike & Debi) that I would like to share. My comments will be in italics.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first one was for April 2011:

"Train up a boy in the ways of a man and when he is old he will not be a sissy." (1Michael 1:1)
I really liked that point.  Men SHOULD be men.....and they should ACT like men!!

"Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right." ~ Proverbs 20:11

The second one was for December 2011:

The title was "Preparing for a career in Marriage."


I had never thought of it like that before.   But, I guess if you know that's what you want to do with your life...you might as well prepare for it ahead of time.  That's what my daughter is doing.  I'm so proud of her.  


"Train up a girl in the ways of a virtuous woman and when she is old she shall be highly valued." (1 Debi 1:1)

"Who can find a virtuous woman" For her price is far above rubies." ~ Proverbs 31:10

When we really know God and what He expects of us, the Holy Spirit will transform us into the virtuous woman He describes in Proverbs 31.


A godly man is going to want a Proverbs 31 woman.....a virtuous woman....a woman who is more valued than the greatest jewels in the world.  If he doesn't.....what kind of man is he really?


I applaud all young ladies who want to make marriage (and family) their career.  What better occupation than to be a godly man's wife, and mother to his children.


And I applaud young men who seek out these 'virtuous' young ladies for their wives.  Talk about a match made in heaven.

0 comments: