Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Humblebility

I don't care how old I get, I will never understand those who 'call' themselves Christians, but yet they act just like the world.

Christians aren't very humble anymore.  Well.....true Christians are.  But those just using the title aren't very humble at all.

2Chronicles 7:14 says, "If my people, which are called my MY name, shall HUMBLE themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and TURN from their wicked ways; 

THEN will I hear from heaven, and will FORGIVE their sin, and will heal their land."

People (and for those who think everything I write is about them and are so very sensitive because they think I'm judging them)........I'm not judging!!!

I just have enough common sense to read my KJV Bible. (I'm saying KJV to distinguish between the Christian Bible and what secular religions may call a 'bible'.) 

Take music for example (because I'm most familiar with this).

People prance around on stage, and in life, claiming Christianity.  Getting others to follow 'them'.   Bragging about themselves because they think they are so good at what they do.

Two points here:

1.  Aren't we supposed to get others to follow CHRIST?!


AND

2.  If they were really that good, don't you think others would brag about how awesome the music was.... INSTEAD OF THEM ALWAYS HAVING TO BRAG ON THEMSELVES?  


Just sayin'!!!

That is so irritating to have to sit and listen to someone brag on themselves.  If you're that good, people will let you know.  

I play the piano.  And never once, in 32 years of playing, have I bragged about how good I was.  I never thought I was that good. I simple enjoyed playing the piano. 


I've seen others play BEAUTIFUL pieces of music.....that's NOT ME!!!   I am just glad and THANKFUL that God has allowed me to play for this long and minister to others through music.  I want others to be blessed.  

I want God to use me, through my music and my testimony, to help others find their way to Him.  


That's all anyone should want.

They shouldn't want large followings (for themselves).  They shouldn't brag (on themselves).

They should simply be grateful that God has blessed them with talent that can be used for HIS honor and glory....not theirs.   


We need to get some humblebility about us!!


0 comments: