Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I'm Still Bonkers...I'm Good Like That

Got a lot in my head.  Been making notes on my phone frantically last night, and early this morning (4 a.m.) so I wouldn't forget what I wanted to write about.  Let's just say I was disappointed AND thrilled all in the same night, at the same occasion.
Being that the thrilling part is still making me smile, I will put that first.  Then on to the not so thrilling thoughts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am so P R O U D of my sweet daughter.  We had a community Thanksgiving service last night and she had the opportunity to sing.  Let's just say Grace was a hit!!  One lady came up to her afterwards and said "YOU ROCK!!".......like she had been to a concert or something.  Now that's what I like to hear.....as her Mamma AND her manager. *big smiles still*  Everyone was trying to get to me (or Grace) to let us know how much they enjoyed her singing.  SWEEET!!!!!

More to come, because I will be searching for opportunities for her to get her voice out there and heard.  She has a beautiful voice, loves to sing, has a passion for southern gospel music, and a passion for helping others.  I think we could roll all that into one.....don't you?
I already have her booked for next year's Robeline Heritage Festival.  Now to find singing engagements for her between now and then.  Gonna make her some business cards to give out and such.

In the mean time, she's concentrating on the mission trip to Honduras on May, and maybe some professional music training later in the summer.

Anyway, after the service was over, we decided to celebrate with ice cream at Sonic.  So off to Natchitoches we go.  I already knew what I was aiming for.....a BLT with Ranch, extra B, and a Cranberry Sweet Tea.  YUMMY!!!  She got a BEC Croussiant, Cranberry Tea.....and THEN an ice cream cone :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now for the not so thrilling part of the night.  And have I got a story for you.  As I have already said, my church community (I live in another community) had a Community Thanksgiving Service last night.  Five churches should have been represented (that I know of).
One church is excused from this writing due to a death in the church, and them having a wake there last night.  So this article DOES NOT, in any way, apply to them.  It also doesn't apply to ANYONE who had a LEGITIMATE reason for not being there.
This is to the four churches in "Asia" (hehehe....I just made that up.  I sound like John).  I also feel like Martin Luther nailing his '95 Theses' to the door at Wittenburg.  There's a whole bunch of mess going on in churches today.......IT'S WRONG........and it needs to stop!!  If no one speaks up, then nothing will ever change.  I may not be heard.....but then again.....I may.
Luther was just one man and the world heard him.

Let me start by saying that the church building, last night, should have been STANDING ROOM ONLY!!  What possible excuse can be given for a half-filled church...with four churches in the town that could have attended?

That small town community showed just how much they value community togetherness.  They can't even worship together one or two nights out of the year.  What's up with that?

I've seen the parking lots of these churches on Sunday morning.  They are FULL!!  Again, this service should have been standing room ONLY!

Where's the community togetherness?  What is this telling the non-church people in the community?  IT TELLS THEM ALOT!!  We should be ashamed!!
I'm ashamed of our small town.  I would expect this from a larger town....but a small town?  I'm sure the snubbing remarks were flying....as to why each individual decided not to attend the service last night.  I'm a Baptist, I'm a Methodist, I'm a Pentecostal.....I don't worship with them.  OR maybe......"Have you heard what that preacher/deacon/ member has been doing?"  "I'm not going to be seen at the same church with that person".  ETC.!!!!!  There's probably more than that....but you get the general idea.  I've HEARD snide comments....so I know they do happen.

UNTIL CHURCHES COME TOGETHER - NOTHING WILL CHANGE!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
On another note:
I've heard pastors say this.....and parents are always telling their children that "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all."  But a pastor telling his congregation that if we can't say anything nice then we shouldn't say anything at all......WOULDN'T THAT GREATLY HINDER HIM FROM PREACHING THE TRUE GOSPEL, which is sometimes hard to hear and hard to swallow - depending on the message and lesson/sermon being taught.  Sometimes the sermon is not nice to the hearer's ears....if you get what I mean.  The gospel is not always going to be easy on the ears and heart.

And wouldn't that also hinder the truth from ever being told......whatever that may be?  Sometimes the truth hurts to hear and is not so pleasant to the ears (hence - NOT NICE!), but it needs to be told anyways........So when does that thought apply?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And another note:
I thought when a man married, the needs of his wife and children came before the needs of his mom......or did I miss the memo?  Doesn't that Bible speak of a man leaving his father and mother and being joined with his wife.  Shouldn't he be more concerned about his WIFE'S needs now....his children's needs......than his mothers?  If he wasn't going to WANT to leave his wittle mummy and take care of his wife and children FIRST from then on.....then what's the point of marrying?  YOU ARE JUST MAKING YOUR WIFE AND CHILDREN SUFFER!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And so ends my thoughts for today.   Well, not really......just for right now.  My niece, Makalin, came over today.  We had 4 popcicles (half of which I had to feed to my little puppy - Makalin), icing off two pieces of cake (pic to follow), then we went outside to play.  She ran, I swung her around, she'd fall down (pretend), I'd pick her up.  You get the idea.  So guess what that makes CCL with CHD?  You guessed it.......TIRED!!!!

Makalin eating cake :)

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving.......except two guys I know...and I hope they are miserable!

0 comments: