Friday, June 11, 2010

Dutiful Munchkin

Please be advised before you read this, that the title of my blog is "The Way I See It".  Read at your own risk.

I have decided I am tired of being the dutiful little munchkin that always does as she's told.  I've been told what to think, how to act, what to say, how to say it, etc.  You get the picture.  I've even been told how to vote in political matters.  Gone are those days.  I've turned 41!!  I've lived the first 40 doing things the way others wanted them done and I'm living the next 40 doing things MY way.  Not to say that I'm going to do anything wrong, I can't.....I'm a Christian.  I don't even WANT to do anything wrong.  I just want to think for myself, act for myself, say what I feel, and I'm even going to spit it out in such a way that humors me.  This has been a long time coming.  I've been pushed around, stepped on, walked all over, betrayed, and even crushed.  I've been called a traitor to my country and anti-american (because I voted for a guy that doesn't have the same color skin as me...but he IS an american citizen....and NO, it wasn't Obama).  I have stood by, as a dutiful little munchkin does, and let people crush my daughter, almost destroy her relationship with me, try and stop her from using her God given talent in singing, and try to destroy her spiritually (by wanting her to stay in a place fit for babes in Christ and NOT maturing young adults....as she wanted to become).  I tried taking a stand, but they got the best of me and I failed my daughter for a time.  But NO MORE!!!  They tried to tell me that the good of the many out ways the needs of the one...so to speak.  NO IT DOES NOT........when the need of the one is spiritual growth......and the need of the many are for the 'one' to be like every body else.  But, at last....I have come to my senses.  NO MORE!!!  So family, friends, church family, strangers, and everyone else.....you've been served.  The time of the dutiful little munchkin has come to an end.  The time for BOLDNESS and COURAGE has come.  I finally grew a backbone.  Always thought I had one, but guess I was wrong.....until now.

My daughter is a Christian young adult, NOT an immature, bratty, spoiled teenager like a lot of kids this age are.  She wants to live and serve her Saviour Jesus.  She feels God is calling her into a music ministry.  And I am going to do everything I can to help NOT HINDER her(as some are).   She has been so let down in 'certain' people these last fews years, and there was even a time she wanted to call it quits, if that's the way these 'certain' people were.  But we prayed, and she held on.  She is now more determined than ever to live for Christ....no matter what.  Even if it means she looses those close to her in the process.  I keep telling her that it's just persecution.  And that's all it is.....persecution of a child of God.

As for me, I'm no traitor just because I voted for the best governor Louisiana has ever had...Bobby Jindal.  And I am in no way anti-american....for the same reason.  Some people like to say hurtful things if you don't do as they say.  Go ahead and spew your vile hypocrisy.  It doesn't bother me any more. This is a brand new day people and I'm not going to take it anymore.  I thought turning 41 was horrible, but it's not.  It's actually kinda fun :D

And just for the record.....I'm not writing this out of anger.  I'm not mad or angry.  I write to save myself.  I write to keep myself sane.  And I write so that my daughter can have memories to read once I'm gone.  Not all my writings are like this.  This blog is varied in it's contents.  Keep reading.....you'll see.

0 comments: