Sunday, June 13, 2010

Just Saying

I've been watching the tv show House the last few days. This guy donates $100 million to this hospital, and all he wants in return is to be chairman of the board.....in other words, he wants to run things!  He tries to manipulate the board into firing one of the hospital's best doctors.  It almost works until one member has enough & says "Enough is enough".  The board ends up giving the guy his money back and tells him to take a hike.
Anyway, that got me (for some reason) to thinking about churches.  And I started wondering how many churches across America do the exact same thing.....they let money dictate to them what to do.  I wondered if that could actually HAPPEN in a church.....and that got me thinking about that movie "Pollyanna".  Remember Aunt Polly (the money lady & 'ruler' of that small town) telling the pastor what to preach every Sunday?!  How wrong is that?!  That has always bugged me.  How can one person with money, or whatever other power they are wielding, tell a preacher what to do?  And why would a 'God-called' preacher even listen to such non-sense?  That doesn't make sense!!!
My brain is funny that way.  One thought leads to another and I end up 'wondering' alot....and getting into some deep thinking stuff.  Anyway, I do hope churches wouldn't do such things.  I would hope that the pastors of these churches let God do the leading.  If they do, God will bless them in ALL ways....including financially.
I do realize that these examples came from tv, but they had to get their ideas from somewhere.
Just saying!!!

0 comments: