Friday, November 26, 2010

Nice Relaxing Day

I had an unexpected, but pleasant, day in town with my mom.  Unexpected because I'm usually too tired and when she asks I usually say no.  So she was REALLY surprised I even wanted to go anywhere today.  I was too after a tiring day yesterday...lol

We ate at Nicky's (a mexican restaraunt).  Then we went to Stine's and Fred's to get a few items.  While her and dad were looking around in Stine's, I found me a nice comfy recliner on sale to sit in and relax.  I sat there and watched people.  Kinda funny the strange looks they would give me as they came around the corner.  I guess they were startled more than anything.

What's even funnier was the look I got coming out the men's restroom at Stine's.  Some guy that worked there was coming down an isle, as I was coming out of the  men's room, and he looked startled.  I just looked at him, pointed to the 'Men's Restroom' sign, and told him, "I can read".  Then I just laughed.  He through up his arms, shook his head and laughed.  HEY!!!!  When you gotta go.....you gotta go.  I'm 41 and I'm not waiting for another woman to get out of the ladies room.  I KNOW how long we take in there.  Maybe the ladies room shouldn't have a mirror :D

After Stine's we went to Fred's looking for a Christmas ornament for our church tree.  Each family was asked to bring one for the church's tree.   Found what we wanted and then headed home.  I was too tired to do anything else :(

After waiting the rest of the afternoon for Grace to get off work, go get some groceries, then come home......we got to cook a special meal for our last night just the two of us.

We had Sauteed Shrimp with Penne Pasta.  Added our own mix of herbs and spices AND bacon.  It was delicious.


AND....we finally got to watch "Sound of Music" on DVD :)  We got to the part right after they got married and Grace was falling asleep, so we decided to watch the rest tomorrow.  We are now doing our nightly computer rounds, you know....twitter, fb, blog, iTunes, etc.  Then to hit the bed for some iPhone game time before we fall asleep....and hopefully our phones don't hit the floor.

BTW.....Grace got called over to her grandparents earlier.  She came back and I asked what they wanted and she said she couldn't tell me, but it was something about my Christmas.  I lit up and asked if someone was going to die and give me their heart.  She, being always the funny one and not missing a beat said, "No....but close!"  Lemme just say, "Hardyharhar!!!"

Isn't she just awesome and so SWEEET of her??!!!

On another note:
THIS IS SWEEET!!!  Thanks to another blogger friend, I discovered I can check my blog stats and see all kinds off stuff about who's reading my blog, where they are from, etc......that's pretty cool. Just this month I've had people from the following countries reading my blog.  This is WAY COOL!!!

United States

Denmark

United Kingdom

Russia

China

Germany

Sweden

Australia

Canada

Switzerland

Have a nice evening everyone.

0 comments: