Wednesday, December 1, 2010

God's Still Good

Today was my baby girl's 20th birthday.  I can't believe it's been 20 years!!  Oh, the memories.  I'm really at a loss for words right now, so I will just tell about our day today.  You can read some of my previous blogs on how much my daughter means to me.  I will take on ANYONE that dares mess with her.

I wanted to be the first to tell her 'Happy Birthday' on facebook, so I decided (about 11:30 last night) that I'd better get on there before anyone else got a head start.  I didn't make it.  One of her friends that lives in Rome told her first.  Oh well, I was second.  I then set my alarm for 3:12 a.m. this morning so I could text her at the exact time she was born.

Got up at 6:30 a.m. to fix her breakfast before she left for work (she gets off at noon).  We had orange sweet rolls and water (milk was sour).  I then went back to bed to get some more sleep so I'd be good and rested when she got home.

We had grilled trout, gorgonzola parmesan chive brown rice, and grilled pineapple for lunch.  We watched "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" while eating.  Popcorn came later on.

Grace's Birthday Lunch


All the years Grace was growing up, we would always put the Christmas Tree up on her birthday.  We had kinda been letting that slip the last few years, but we are going to start that tradition up again.  So.....the tree's up.  We put it up mainly for the cats this year.  They even have their stockings hung up with their names on them.

Christmas Tree 2010

Supper consisted of shrimp scampi pasta, and an episode of NCIS.  (Oops...forgot the picture).  Grace and I are now relaxing with a cup of warm tea and chocolate before bedtime.

As I have mentioned in a previous blog, we were doing a month long celebration of Grace's 20th birthday.  We will do our last bit of celebrating on Monday, the 6th, with a day of shopping in Shreveport and a David Phelps concert that night.  Can't wait.

0 comments: