Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Baby's 20

How Grace Came To Be

To start, if you don't know about me and my heart condition, try browsing through CCL's heart tab at the top of the page.  There's not much there, but I will say that my heart condition is rare and serious and I have ALWAYS been told NEVER to have children.

But I wanted a baby sooo bad!!!

Grace is here because of God's mercy and pleadings of one young lady that wanted so desperately to have a child....a girl if at all possible.  God heard my prayers and pleadings and gave me Grace.  Getting her here would not be easy.  Oh, my pregnancy was a breeze....perfect.  It was the doctors we were battling.  They constantly hounded me to get an abortion.  And YES....I heard that for almost nine months.  I even heard that the evening before giving birth to Grace.  The doctor sat on my bed and looked me in my eyes and said, "You know you're going to die, don't you?  And your baby, if she doesn't die, will be severely retarded and handicapped."  THAT DID IT!!  I had heard enough....and had enough.  I looked that doctor back in the eyes and told him that I was NOT going to DIE and my baby wasn't either!!!  He just hung his head and walked out of the room.

I delivered Grace early the next morning without a c-section, and only an hours worth of an epidural (they waited too late and that was no picnic).  But at least I got to experience labor.  I knew I never would again.  I wanted A child....a GIRL....and God came through the first time.  Isn't He AMAZING!!! :)

I have spent the next 20 years having the time of my life.  Motherhood is AWESOME!!!  After putting Grace in public school for a time (I had never heard that I could have homeschooled her or she would have NEVER saw the inside of a school building).  We took her out when she was in sixth grade and she has been with me ever since.  She's graduated now.  Not sure as to how she wants to spend the rest of her life, so for now, she is working for our favorite vet and living at home......where she belongs for now.

Her main dreams are to be a wife and mother.  And I FIRMLY BELIEVE God will grant her the desires of her heart because her heart is stayed on HIM!!!  She also wants to sing.  She has a beautiful voice.  A CD project is in the works, and hopefully music school in the near future.  She is also planning a mission trip to Honduras in May.  

My dreams now?  To see my daughter's dreams come true.....how ever long that may be.  God has seen fit for me to be here for her for 20 years.  But I firmly believe she still needs her Mamma.  Hope God agrees with me on that one.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN MY SWEET GRACE!!  I can't WAIT to see what else God has in store for you.  He's awesome like that.

Grace (6 months)

Grace(2) & Megan(3)

That's My Girl (2010)

Charming Grace (2010)

Taken on her birthday trip to Houston (2010)

Oh, and guess what?  The doctor's LIED!!!  Grace turned out to be one smart little cookie.  And she's healthy and beautiful to boot.





0 comments: