Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Odd Duck Day

OK!!!  I'm guilty!  I fell for it!!  If you are a parent you know what I'm talking about.....the huge hopeful smiles and sparkling eyes when they ask if they can have something that you have already repeatedly said NO to.....but they thought they'd ask just ONE MORE TIME....just in case.  Ahhhh!!  I can just see the heads bobbing up and down in agreement...lol
Grace got her iPod speakers earlier today.  I really didn't mind though.  I get to reap the benefits too :D
She REALLY REALLY REALLY loves them.  It came with a remote that I am seriously considering HIDING!!  I'm right in the middle of listening to a song.....she decides she wants to listen to something else.....right in the MIDDLE OF A SONG......so she switches...using the remote....from across the room.....so we listen....no....another song......liste......list......lis.....li....l....GRACE.....STOP THAT!!!!
I'm thinking she likes her EARLY Christmas present :D

Had sort of an odd duck day.  Got woke up early this morning by my husband...who is supposed to be AWAY at work.  That kinda made the whole day weird.  Then Grace gets an unexpected afternoon off from work.  She comes home and we wrap presents...for the DOG and cats!  I would have wrapped her only present I've gotten so far, but that kinda didn't go as planned.  It's hard to wrap something that's plugged into the wall with a phone docked to it.  Oh well!!  That's our life...and we like it.  She also would have wrapped the only present she's gotten me SO FAR (I hope) this year....but it was kind of an 'exchange' thing.  You give me mine, I'll give you yours.

Watched Bananas Comedy this evening....laughing all the way...ha ha ha ha.  Bells on.....wait...that's another song. *giggles*  Thor Ramsey, Jeff Allen, Nazareth, Mike Williams, & Taylor Mason will make you bust a gut laughing so hard.
But laughter IS good like a medicine.  So consider my medicine 'took' for the night.

Grace has been playing Whirly Word on her iPhone.  I told her that if she got to game 101 we would celebrate by going out to eat.  Keep in mind that as you play this game, finding the words becomes more difficult.  You start getting lots of q's, x's, z's, etc.  You word geeks...you know what I'm talking about!  Anyway, she got OVER 101...so guess what we are doing tomorrow night?  You guessed it.  We are going out to eat AND while we are there, we are going to go downtown to the riverfront (yes, in Natchitoches) and look at the pretty lights...ooooohhhhh.

That's pretty much been my day.  Waking up to a man...that was NOT supposed to be there....in my bedroom, daring Grace to get to 101 games on Whirly Word so we could go out to eat, wrapping Christmas for the PETS, giving Grace a present EARLY (those boogers get LOUD), laughing so hard I couldn't breath while watching Bananas Comedy, helping Grace change her email address (so I can make her some business cards for her singing), and sipping hot tea and nibbling dark chocolate with sea salt.

LIFE IS SWEET, FUNNY, AND WEIRD!!!  How's you're life?

0 comments: