Tuesday, December 7, 2010

What A Difference A Day Makes

WOW!!!  What a difference just one 24 hour day makes.  In my last post, I was having one of my melt-downs.  But now, after the day that I had with my sweet daughter yesterday, the melt-down is gone.  I am back to my 'what can I do for fun next' attitude.  And my 'who can I annoy next with my incessant upbeat, positive, and charming self" attitude.  Don't you just love getting around pessimistic people and being the epitome of a charmist (my word) and optimist.?  It gnaws and eats at their very soul.  It's fun!!!

Anyway, as you can tell, I am out of my little funk I got into a few days ago.  Nothing fixes things better than a day and night on the town with my best friend, only child and daughter, and mini me.

After making a little side trip to Natchitoches to turn in some papers that I promised a friend I would turn in.....we were off to Shreveport.  Now I woke up yesterday morning feeling very tired AND my heart wanted to be ugly and play skippity-do-dah.....but I wasn't going to let that stop me from spending the day shopping and playing with my BF and daughter - GRACE!!

Our first stop was the Saltgrass Steakhouse on the Boardwalk.  People who have eaten there were right.....those steaks ARE melt in your mouth DELICIOUS!!!  Grace and I both had the Top Sirloin Steak topped with Blue Cheese butter, the Grilled Shrimp, and rice scampi.  I had Mango tea as my drink.....TASTY!!!


Our next stop was to play some indoor golf at Glo-Putz.....also on the Boardwalk.  That was SO MUCH FUN!!  That is the first time I have ever played golf (of any kind).  I wonder if 'real' golf would be as much fun.  There was alot of "You suck, Laarryy" going on (got that from our first Mudbugs game against the Mississippi ?).  That's what MB fans would yell to the other teams goalie....lol
We were the only ones in there playing, but we had lots of laughs, sarcastic comments, and FUN FUN FUN!!!!
Within the past few weeks, Grace and I have found our new sports game of choice to WATCH (Hockey).......and I've found my new sports game of choice to try to learn how to play (golf).  To me, golf is all about using your head, and less about muscle.  I could probably do that :D

When we left Glo-Putz we were headed to the car for some shopping on Youree Drive....but got side-tracked at Claire's.  Grace found herself a snake ring, us both bracelets, herself a hat, some gloves.....and we BOTH ended up getting our ears pierced again.....so we can eventually wear those earrings we were both looking at.  Hers were the matching snake earrings.....mine were anything else.
I used to wear earrings all the time until I had Grace.  She liked pulling on them too much, so I stopped wearing them.  I think it's about time I started wearing them again :)

Notice the hat - snake ring - bracelet.

OK!!!  Now that our side-tracking is done....on to some clothes shopping before the David Phelps concert.  We are running out of time...lol

Oh wait.....another side-track!!  Saw a Radio Shack - so I thought I'd run in there to see if they had what I wanted to get Grace for Christmas.  THEY DID!!!  She wanted speakers for her ipod/iphone.  $100 speakers and I got them for $70.....I think that's a good deal.  And YES!!!  She's seen them but still can't have them until Christmas....no matter how much she begs and gives good reasons for having them now :D

NOW for the clothes.  After all that looking, all she found was a pair of jeans, and I found her a shirt and me a dress shirt.  Oh well.....I guess that's what being clothes picky gets us...lol

Just enough time to run into Starbucks (how convenient) and change clothes for the concert.  How convenient indeed!!! While in there, I might as well grab me a coffee to relax myself with after all that shopping, right?  RIGHT!!  Got me a small thinking we'd get another one on the way home after while.  I'm glad I got one.....they were closed by the time we got back around after the concert.  We are starting to run behind.

We make it to the church 45 minutes before starting time.  YAY!!  I've never been a huge David Phelps fan, but my daughter is....or was....or maybe still is, but just not for concert viewing.  Anyway....I AM a HUGE Thor Ramsey fan.  And guess what?  HE WAS IN THE HOUSE LAST NIGHT!!  How AWESOME IS THAT?!!!  I laughed until I cried and my sides hurt.  He is hilarious!!  Grace got a picture with him at intermission and got him to sign a DVD set she bought of the Bananas Comedy show that he hosts.  SWEEEET!!!
We left at intermission, since Grace wasn't to thrilled with the concert.  Besides she was feeling a little bummed about other stuff, so we left and went to McAllister for supper.....and talked.
I wish she would talk to me more instead of keeping it all bottled up inside because she thinks I have more important things to think about right now.  She's WRONG there!!!  SHE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO ME.......AND HER CARES ARE MY CARES!!!  I wish she would see that.  Please pray for her.....that ALL of her dreams will come TRUE...... in spite of the devil and all his little minions trying to stop her.  Good ALWAYS wins!!!!  

Hows that for a day/night out.  We got home about midnight, got everything unloaded from the car and went to bed.  She said we will wrap when she gets home.  She's back at work today.....and I'm back to doing other stuff....for now :)

God blessed me yesterday by seeing fit for me to make it through the day.  He's good like that.

He blessed me with the most WONDERFUL Christmas present I could have EVER received......20 years ago when He saw fit to give me a beautiful baby girl.  She will FOREVER be a blessing to me.....and to those who know her.  She will ALWAYS be my BEST Christmas present ever.  And Solymon is the next best :D 
And don't get in the way of her dreams, or you WILL answer to me....and GOD!!!!  I am SICK and TIRED of people trying to put a stop to her dreams.  And they call themselves Christian.   I think NOT!!!!  Not when they treat a godly young person like they have treated Grace.  God will make them suffer.  You DO NOT discourage godly young people from spreading the good news of Christ....like some have discouraged Grace.  What kind of scum does that make you?

In spite of the devil's little minions discouraging my daughter, I have been having the time of my life for the last 20 years.  Being her mamma is AWESOME!!!  I couldn't have asked for a better daughter.  She is one-of-a-kind.  Simply the BEST!!

I LOVE YOU MY SWEET!!!!  And GOD DOES TOO!!  You WILL have your DREAMS come true!

Have a blessed day everyone........except those chosen few :D



0 comments: