Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Cat Was The Hat

Ever heard of the Cat in the Hat? Well, I have a new one. The Cat WAS the Hat. I woke up at 3:00 am one morning (3:09 to be exact) with the feeling that I had a hat on. No kidding. My cat Solomon had wrapped himself around the top of my head. Laying on my back, his hind legs were on one side of my face - belly on top of my head - and front legs beneath him and his head was buried in my hair on the other side of my face next to my ear. Poor thing. He wasn’t feeling well (flea medicine) and I think he got a little cold. I put my hand on his back to try to keep him warm and petted his head for the next hour or so. At one point one of his front paws was on my eye. I started praying that he wouldn’t start dreaming and put his claws out. That definitely would not feel good. Not on the eyes.

0 comments: