Monday, January 11, 2010

Thoughts for Today

I am as fierce as they come when it comes to protecting my daughter.  I am sick and tired of her being stomped on like a wasp and then twisted into the ground.  That hurts her - hurts me - and makes me see red!  So what if I'm extremely protective of her?  So what if I keep close tabs on her?  So what if I just want to make sure she doesn't ever get hurt again?  Does that make me a bad mother?  NO!!  That makes me a good mother!!  So what if people think that's weird?  They can GET OVER IT!!!  It's not their child.  In case people haven't noticed, I don't prescribe to what society deems correct.  I don't have to answer to society.  I have to answer to GOD!!  Society says that young ladies and young men should 'date' - one-on-one - to get to know each other to find out who their soul mate and marriage partner will be for life.  Why would a godly young lady/man want to go through relationship after relationship to find Mr/Mrs Right??  I honestly believe in God so much that I believe that He can do what society says can not be done....He can "drop" that person in your lap - so to speak. No going through break-ups, heartbreak, etc....  No going through relationship after relationship... Who wants that??  That's just stupid!!!  And INSANE!!!   Wouldn't that be so awesome for God to do that?? Just let two young people meet - know they were meant to be together - feel like they've known each other their whole life - get to know each other for a few years - and get married. It can be done!! Do you believe in God that much?  I do!!  It's AWESOME!!!

0 comments: