Friday, August 27, 2010

How Observant Are You?

*When someone walks away from God....they REALLY walk away!!

It's so heartbreaking because the devil is having a field day with these lost souls, and there is nothing those who love them can do....but pray!

*Ever wonder why some people seem to succeed, and others don't?  Especially in a ministry field.

I wonder that ALOT!

 And that got me to thinking about this group I know.  They are in a ministry together, plus all but one of them, have their own individual ministries, or other successes going on in their lives.   I've often wondered why those seem to be successful in what they are doing, but the other....well....seems to be stalled.

*Then that got me to thinking about our "success" or "failure".

And I wondered if it has anything to do with what we watch, what we listen to, what we play, what we let portray us, who we 'hang' with, what we own, what we collect, how we think, and just our overall actions in general?

Could it have something to do with our mindset in general?  HOW we think?

Nothing is innocent in the sight of God.  Everything has a purpose.  Nothing is innocent!  (If you think I'm kidding, have you ever just listened to those lullabies you sing to your sweet babies?)

The devil wants us to believe that "awe that's just a cute little song"....but who's singing it and what is it insinuating?

 Or "those or just cute little collectible cards".....but what's on them?

Or "that's just an innocent little fb quiz".....but what's it portraying?

"No harm - no foul".  WRONG!!!!  WRONG!!!   WRONG!!!!

There IS harm!!

Harm to one's soul.

Harm to one's reputation.

Harm to one's witness.

Ever wonder just WHO the devil has working for him?

It could be as close as someone living in the same house as you, or your best friend, or someone in your family or church.

Nothing is innocent before God IF you have known the TRUTH.....and walked away from it.

[I'm guilty of not being as observant as I should be.]

But THANK GOD I can still hear His still small voice whispering to my spirit when something's not quite right.

Just the other day, I was looking through our movie collection and came across a movie that we had watched several times....never really paying any attention to the contents.  An "innocent" children's movie. I took it out and we threw it away.....as we have done SEVERAL times in the past.

I've had several 'jaw-dropping' experiences about what other's are doing now.  Things I never would have believed would come from them.

And it IS ruining their reputation and their witness.

But, at this point, I DON'T THINK THEY CARE!!!! And that's why it is so heartbreaking.

All I can do is PRAY!!

0 comments: