Friday, October 29, 2010

I'm Immortal!

Yeah....I thought that title would catch your attention :)


I woke up at 5:15 this morning and never did go back to sleep.  Oh well, the kids (aka...my cats) liked that I stayed up. *smiles*  And it gives me extra time to think, ponder, and blog.


I read this devotional last night before I went to sleep and thought it was awesome enough to share.  Remember, any comments I may have will be in blue.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


From the Faith's Checkbook Devotional, by Charles Spurgeon. 


Preserved to Work's End

The LORD stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, Paul: for as thou hast testified of Me in Jerusalem, so must thou bear witness also at Rome
Acts 23:11

Are you a witness for the LORD, and are you just now in danger? Then remember that you are immortal till your work is done.  Now that word 'immortal' immediately caught my attention.  I've never thought about it in that way before.  I'm immortal.....immortal til the day God calls me home. Until then, buckle up and hold on world, family, and church because God's apparently NOT through with me yet.  There's more to come.  I'm excited!


I'M IMMORTAL!!!  I'M IMMORTAL!!!  I'M IMMORTAL!!  Looking at it from another vantage point....we are all immortal anyway.  At the end, we just pass from one life to another.  I hope everyone is satisfied with where they are going!


It does have a nice ring to it though :)

 If the LORD has more witness for you to bear, you will live to bear it. Who is he that can break the vessel which the LORD intends again to use?  Can I get an AMEN?!  Let me say it again.....if the LORD has more for you to do, you will live to do that work AND ABSOLUTELY NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO STOP YOU!  Isn't that amazing?  Who IS he/she that thinks they can POSSIBLY stop what GOD has planned?

If there is no more work for you to do for your Master, it cannot distress you that He is about to take you home and put you where you will be beyond the reach of adversaries.  When it's your time to go....and there is no more work to do....God will take you home.  Why distress over something as awesome as that.  This verse of scripture comes to mind from 2Timothy 4:7 & 8 ~ "I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing."  

Don't you look forward to that day?  I do!!

And when that race is finished, God takes you to a place where your adversaries can no longer attack you.  Isn't that great?  No more battles.  No more heartbreak and heartache.  No more sadness.  No more biting and cruel remarks.  No more hypocritical, holier-than-thou, look down their noses at you, self-righteous Christians who only care about their own agenda instead of REALLY doing the will of God and allowing others to do so as well. (Yep...bit of a mouthful.)


Your witness-bearing for Jesus is your chief concern, and you cannot be stopped in it till it is finished: therefore, be at peace.  Our chief concern....our top priority....is being a witness for our precious Savior - Jesus Christ.  Don't let the above mentioned (and others) stop that witness.  Do you really want someone's blood on your hands on judgement day?  I don't!!   

And let me repeat.....BE AT PEACE!!!

Cruel slander, wicked misrepresentation, desertion of friends, betrayal by the most trusted one, and whatever else may come cannot hinder the LORD's purpose concerning you.  Let them come!!  I stand up boldly and face my adversaries and say emphatically BRING.....IT.....ON!!!!  The Lord is on my side.....and another verse of scripture comes to mind.  Psalms 118:6 ~ The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

The LORD stands by you in the night of your sorrow, and He says, "Thou must yet bear witness for me." Be calm; be filled with joy in the LORD.  Our LORD is right here by our side.  Calm yourself and know that He is there.  Sshhhh.......

If you do not need this promise just now, you may very soon. Treasure it up.

Remember also to pray for missionaries and all persecuted ones, that the LORD would preserve them even to the completion of their lifework.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A little something to ponder as you battle your way through the world today....armor on....sword ready......to fight the good fight.

0 comments: