Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I've Gone Rather Bonkers

I am my daughter's ONLY advocate.  And that is hurtful (and shameful) on the part of family, church, and friends.  

Yes....she's different from the rest of you normal "I want to follow society's rules" people.  She can't help she's more intelligent, more deep, and more talented.  Well, maybe she COULD help it....she COULD pretend to be ignorant, shallow, and talentless.  But what purpose would that serve, other than her amassing a great number of ignorant and shallow acquaintances. 

Yeah, I'm her mom....but she IS smarter.....thinks deeper.....and IS more talented than most people her age.  She is even more so than alot of adults I know.

I didn't raise her to follow society rules.  I raised her to follow God's rules.  And in doing so, I have caused her to be shunned by peers her own age....and by older adults who (I'm only guessing) feel intimidated by her superior intelligence and deep level of thinking.  To that end my angel, I am truly sorry.

But, in my defense....I did not want a clone.  I wanted a unique individual....one who would be a light to others, a leader and not a follower, one who would be uniquely God's (and mine).  

Yes, she has been raised to challenge authority.....if something is not right.  She has also been raised to bow to authority...if it is deemed true, right, and godly.

If one does not challenge authority or power, when that authority or power is wrong, nothing will ever change.

I have been accused of putting my daughter on a pedestal.  I beg to differ.  Right is right and wrong is wrong.  Wouldn't putting her on a pedestal be the same as her being an idol?  And doesn't the Bible speak against such things?  NO!!!  My daughter is NOT, in any way, my idol.  She IS my daughter.

People think their idols are gods.  That they do no wrong.  My daughter does plenty wrong.  And when she does, I do the motherly thing and correct her.

And as far as taking up for her when others (family, church, friends) hurt her......WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO?!  I'M HER MAMMA!!!  I guess you want me to tell her, "Oh well, sorry, you're on your on."  If I thought she was wrong, I would talk with her and tell her.  But, so far (in the situations that others are griping about), she hasn't done anything wrong....except be different.....think outside the box, so to speak.

People are uncomfortable with different.  I'm perfectly comfortable with it.  Maybe because I've been 'different' my whole life.

Some people still think that because she is the age she is (young), she acts like all the others her age act.  HA!!!!  Take the blinders off people.  Young people can actually be honest, dependable and trustworthy.  Just because your kids are (were) bad, doesn't mean they all are.

Minds are twisted.  Eyes are blinded.  Hearts are cold.  Ears are deaf.  Just what the devil wants.  Oh, if only things could be clear to those involved.  They are crystal to me.  But nobody believes me.  I'm just a crazy, insane, mother.....who loves her daughter and doesn't want hurt or harm to come to her....in ANY form.  And am willing to take a stand for what's right.  So that makes me the bad guy.  OK....I'll be the bad guy if it eases their consciences and helps them sleep better at night.......NOT!!!

I know I have been blogging alot about my daughter here lately.  Remember, one reason I blog is to vent.....so things won't build up inside my head and cause me to go bonkers.  Well....maybe I'm already bonkers.....all the good people are....lol

AND TO ANYONE READING THIS (FAMILY, CHURCH, OR SO-CALLED FRIEND) WHO WANTS TO KEEP HARPING ON MY DAUGHTER'S CHOICE NOT TO DATE.....COME SEE ME.  I'LL GIVE YOU A LITTLE SPOONFUL OF 'BITE ME' MEDICINE!!  IT'S REALLY NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

0 comments: