Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ramblings

Still seem to be in this 'it's not fair' funk.  I am just SO tired and SOB!  Got upset with Grace this morning, and all she wanted to do was come home and eat lunch with me.  I had to get up to a dirty kitchen, take a shower, vacuum, and wash clothes.  All I wanted to do was sit down, eat lunch, and watch tv.  But that's not the point.  I should not EVER get gripey at my sweet angel for wanting to come eat lunch with me.  I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want her to ALWAYS  come eat with me.


ON ANOTHER NOTE:

I have booked our hotel for her 20th birthday celebration in Shreveport.  I have chosen the Hilton....it's nice, has a heated pool (yes we are going swimming in December), a Starbucks (YAY!!), and a cafe.  It is also near the Boardwalk, which is where we plan to eat lunch the next day (at the Salt Grass Steakhouse) and do a little shopping.....and maybe get our nails done and go to a spa.  We shall see :D

 I just hope we (or rather "I") don't get too tired.  We still have our David Phelps concert that night.

Everything is looking good for her birthday.  We have our Ernie Haase & Signature Sound tickets for Houston, our David Phelps tickets and our hotel for Shreveport.  Still gotta get our hair hi-lited and cut.

I still can't believe my baby will be 20!!  To most Mammas, that probably ain't no big deal. (YES!! I used 'aint'.)  But to ME....it is a VERY big deal.  Especially given the fact I shouldn't have lived to be 21, shouldn't have even THOUGHT about having a baby, got pregnant anyway, shouldn't have lived through the delivery, and am still here 20 years later.....still a kickin'.

I will say again, I have had THE BEST time raising my daughter.  She's AMAZING!!  Sure we've had our rough spots....what mother and daughter hasn't?  But we work things out and come out all the better afterwards.

20 years!  WOW!!

0 comments: